Sunday 24 January 2010

Further Developing For My Vinyl Package

This image above is the first version for my inside left panel I have created. As I am constantly referencing my music video in my productions, I took this image from our actual music video. I think it is effective in giving the audience a snippet of their lifestyle and music video, to get them interested. Although it's only an image of 3 of the band members I think it is significant in emphasising the bands passion for music and vinyl, which is why I have created their single into a vinyl package. This image was taken in SoundClash (renowned underground independent music store in Norwich) which sells mostly vinyl, which will hopefully the bring audiences love for this authentic format of music back. I wanted this image in my digital pack as it replica's what audience's will be doing when browsing for my record in particular in music stores. Sam, the trumpeter of 'Smaller Than You' is holding a Studio One' record, which were one of the first labels to contribute to the ska/reggae/dub and dancehall movement. I think this was significant for Sam to be holding this record as it establishes the bands influences and reinforces the genre. This panel also is the first I have tested our new logo on but looks unprofessional here, so far.


This image above, although, is too intricate and unstructured is more effective than the earlier versions i have altered. I like the montage effect of this cover, but I would definitely not use it as a front image. I think it's good in conveying, yet again, urban scenes, targeting their 16-25 audience demographic whilst, referencing the music video itself. I want to develop this so that the image is more cross-dissolved and merged into one all over, rather than only the right hand section. I think this image of Jasper, the bassist, is quite ironic. This is because the band are called 'Smaller Than You', which is significant in connoting youth by emphasising on the word 'smaller' establishing them as either younger or inferior, but contrasts with the rebellious image connoted here. This is significant in developing the idea that the youthful population in Britain are growing up too fast and are getting involved in crime, this package will hopefully attract this population and will give them other interests (skateboarding and music).I have wanted to market and promote our music video through my vinyl package, in order to draw attention for the audience to watch it. This entailed the skaters from the video, as well as the band members, the skateboarding and urban scenes all being on the package, referencing the music video. I think this will be extremely significant for the bands awareness as the audience will be able to establish the brand style and the band themselves, due to their generic signifiers, and, will hopefully get their target audience familiar with them. I also want to do this with my magazine advert, enabling all 3 of my productions to relate together in one package.

No comments:

Post a Comment